Thursday, March 7, 2013

Those EFFING onions

Well, I've survived the first 3 days, but my apartment is the real victim here.  The onion smell will not go away.  I have tried all kinds of diy remedies, all the candles I've ever owned have been burning for hours every night, windows are open, everything's been wiped down and febreezed and yet I still get smacked in the face by the smell of onion every time I walk into my place.  I even dumped the soup b/c I was convinced there has to be a microscopic hole in the container letting the smell seep out.  How wrong was I to think bananas would be my biggest problem today :) 
I do feel better though.  My scrubs are a little baggy in the bum area and I feel like the tendons in my hands are more noticeable, which tells my I'm not as bloated as I was 3 days ago.  I'm amazed at how NOT hungry I am in the mornings, but my tricky time of the day starts promptly at 5pm...I literally hear a voice trying to sabotage my efforts tauntingly whispering  pizza, chips, ice cream, pizza, cheese, bread, chocolate and this is when my superhero powers are activated and I ignore what I'm hearing. 
I type this while eating freeze-dried bananas and they are GOOOD.  All that's been on my mind for the past couple of hours is MEAT!  I don't eat beef so I'll be eating ground turkey tomorrow...did anyone else substitute out the beef? 

No comments:

Post a Comment