Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I am on Day 2.  As I was telling Leah last night, I had conflicting emotions surrounding this day.  On one hand I was soo excited about the potato, which as it turns out is the best damn thing I've ever eaten. EVER, but on the other hand now officially have NOTHING to look forward to for the rest of this cleanse. I just keep reminding myself that I've eaten whatever I could fit in my pie hole for the last 34 years so I should be able to make it through the week (and by week I mean the work week kind of week :)
I just had a mouth full of potato and coffee and I swear to all the gods it tasted exactly like a grilled cheese sandwich.  The soup.  First of all, it's ruined my life slightly by making my entire apartment and all my clothes and furniture stink like onions.  I was actually woken up in the middle of the night several times by the smell.  I promptly got up this morning and lit 12 candles, opened up all the windows and had cinnamon/ginger/cloves simmering on the stove.  I may need to get professional cleaners in...all because of this disgusting soup! 
I have shared this cleanse with 3 other people and I'm waiting to hear how they all did with Day 1.  I was surprised to wake up not feeling hungry today.  Reading through all your posts have totally helped me get through this.  You all have made me laugh so hard and getting the heads up on what days absolutely suck have helped me.  This potato is my boyfriend right now...and I'm madly in love. 

4 comments:

  1. Katie!! I love you. You rock for making it this far- tomorrow you'll feel much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah! Steveo came over to watch Django at my place last night and told me he had a shake before he came over...a LeahShake he said! And when he asked me why I was having fruit I told him it was all because of you-he was all, "well she made quite the impact on our lives, huh." You certainly did :)

      Delete
  2. Push through! You have an easy day tomorrow, and plan to sleep the entire day on Thursday because it sucks to put it simply. Bananas and milk, sounds like what a baby should be eating! After this you won't be craving sweets so it'll definitely help in the long run! Just keep reminiscing about your boyfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah! your post about if it hadn't been for the potato you would've died made me laugh so hard. I too am experiencing the annoyance of going to the bathroom, zipping up, washing and then drying my hands and then having the urgency to go again as soon as I put my hand on the door handle...it's been fun :)

      Delete